Mr. Skywriter's Blog






419 N Main Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
630-793-9521



The Creature

The Creature
Discovered 5/5/19

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I will miss you

I am shocked and saddened to learn that a very good friend of mine, Bob Vopenka, passed away yesterday morning. He was a very special man and my heart goes out to his beautiful wife Patty and all of Bob's family and friends!
It's not often you meet someone in life that you can call a true friend! Bob was always there for me...he would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it! He was also one of the
most intelligent and fun loving guys to hang out with. My only regret is that we didn't get to spend more time together and also that I never expressed verbally how much I valued his friendship!

Hey Best Buddy
I'm gunna miss you
Only the good die young
Your spirit is still alive!
Although, there will be no replacing you!
I'm beginning to cry...so goodbye for now!
Your spirit is still alive!
Is that you Bob?
"Why yes it is Mike, did you think you could
Hide from me? Eat my brother eat! I know
How you love sweets! You're still alive and
Standing on two feet. Celebrate each moment!
You will never know when your life is complete!
So eat my brother eat! Have a nice raw one on
Me!"

You still got it Bob! I hope to see you again some day!

Sincerely...your buddy Mike

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain Mike...I am no stranger to losing friends and family...Just keep loving!
    Your pal, Rich

    ReplyDelete